celix-dev mailing list archives

From erjan altena <erjanalt...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Nanomsg pubsub admin
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2018 13:05:00 GMT
Hi All,

I have added a PubSub admin, one using NanoMsg as transport mechanism to
the develop branch.
For now it is by default disabled, since there is a dependency to the
nanomsg lib, which is not widely spread (ie Fedora does not have a package
for it, you have to build/install it manually)

Nanomsg is a transport mechanism, build by the same people as ZMQ, but
without the ZMQ issues (see https://nanomsg.org/documentation-zeromq.html).
It has also a better, more liberal,  license than ZMQ does (MIT iso LGPL)

In the implementation I have chosen to use the  BUS pattern, which can be
used to have multiple senders/multiple receivers on the same topic. The
admin is written in C++ and uses the STL vector/map iso the map/list
provided by Celix. This makes it type safe and easier to debug. The code is
also a lot cleaner since there is (almost) no need to cast form
void-pointers to the type in the vector.

Regards, Erjan

Erjan Altena