celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Apache Celix website svn -> git
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 19:06:07 GMT
Hi All,

I currently mentoring a student with the assignment to update/redesign the
Celix website.
There are a few reasons why I think a update for the website is needed.
First of IMO we could do a better job in explaining the ideas behind and
benefits of Celix, how Celix works and the plain look & feel of the website
can be improved.
But also for a technical point of view I would like to move away from the
svnpubsub mechanisme to a more git friendly approach.
The latter I like to discuss in this mail.

Personally I like the way Apache Beam has organised it's website.
They have a separate git repository for their website [1] and use jekyll
[2] to generate most html files from markdown files.
If I am correct this means that we can still mainly use markdown files to
write and maintain the Celix website and use a (IMO) more friendly
environment to generate and commit the website.

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam-site
[2] http://jekyllrb.com

Let me know what you think if this approach. If nobody disagrees I will go
ahead and see what step we can take to arrange this.

Greetings,
Pepijn