celix-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Ricciardi <lele.riccia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a Yocto-Recipe for Celix 2.0.0 available?
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2017 13:07:40 GMT
Hello all, and thanks for contributing to this discussion.

For Cristoph, glad you got to build Celix!
And also the patch creation is fine, since it's taken in account
automatically by the do_patch() task.

Just a small hint for the future: most of the time the inherited default
build works out of the box, but sometimes you may need to customize the
Bitbake build tasks.
Taking the -Werror flag suppression as example, you could have the same
result by overriding the do_configure() task (e.g. sed delete -Werror
wherever needed) or even adapt the complete compiler CMAKE_C_FLAGS by
overriding the do_compile() task (it would be something like cmake
-DCMAKE_C_FLAGS=<your compiler flags>).
Especially the last one can be useful, in case you decide to enable/disable
Celix subcomponents and/or CMake options (e.g. cmake
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=DEBUG -DBUILD_REMOTE_SERVICE_ADMIN=ON ... ).

Check this as reference for build tasks' management:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#ref-tasks-fetch

Hope this can help!

Gabriele Ricciardi