celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Celix Release and board report
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 18:58:52 GMT
Hi All,

It is time for the board report. I am a bit late, so if you have
anything that should be added, please react quickly ;)

I am also busy preparing Celix for a release candidate and hope to be
able to create the candidate package this week. I would like to have
done this before the board report, but decide not rush this for the
report alone.
If there any issue you still want to see resolved, please let us known
en we will see what we can do.

When the vote for the release candidate is out, I will like to focus
on the Celix website and remove outdated documentation, update the
news and forward to the markdown files [1] in git (using the github
rendering) where possible.

[1] https://github.com/apache/celix/tree/develop/documents

 - OSGi framework implementation in C and C++.

## Issues:
 - there are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
 - C++ support added by use of the C++ specific dependency manager.
 - Documentation relating to C / C++ dependency manager added / improved

## Health report:
 - Celix is still a small community, hopefully the C++ support will
atract some atention

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 7 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Alexander Broekhuis on Wed Jul 16 2014

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 8 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Gabriele Ricciardi at Sat May 21 2016

## Releases:

 - Last release was 1.0.0-incubating on Tue Feb 25 2014
 - Celix release was postponed to add C++ support, in hindsight maybe
not the best decission. The idea is that C++ support
 can atract some additional attention. Techinically everything is now
ready for a release.

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@celix.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: