celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Event Admin
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 14:24:01 GMT
Hi Erik,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 4:17 PM <erik@jansman.eu> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> As some might have noticed I have been working on the event admin for
> the past week or two. I have removed all traces of APR from the
> implementation and did some work to improve the implementation. I hope
> someone is able to test and review my work to check if it is ready to
> be part of the default package.

Good to see the APR dependency has been removed. I looked at the code and
applied some changes, hopefully you don't mind. I fixed some memory leaks,
but there are still many lef., Could you take a look at that? I used the
address sanitiser to find the leaks, but valgrind [1] should also work.
I would also like some documentation about the event admin, specifically
concerning ownership. Answering, e.g., the following questions: If you
create a event and post it, will the event admin destroy the event? And as
a event handler do you need to create a copy of an event if you want use it
outsize the event handler function?

[1] http://valgrind.org/docs/manual/mc-manual.html