celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Documentation update
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 20:05:27 GMT
Hi All,

I updated, added and even removed a considerable part of the Apache Celix
documentation. And although this is by far not my favorite thing to do... I
do think it is necessary to have a minimal set of _correct_ documentation
for Apache Celix before a new release can be made to prevent confusing.

The parts that are updated/added are:

- README.md (updated, add links to other parts)
- BUILDING (removed, refering to documents/building/readme.md instead)
- documents/building/readme.md (updated)
- documents/getting_started/readme.md (udpated)
- documents/best_practices/readme.md (added)
- documents/intro/readme.md (added)
- documents/subprojects/readme.md (updated)
- dependency_manager/readme.md (added)
- dependency_manager_cxx/readme.md (added)

Note that I am aware that the Celix website is falling behind with the
documentation in git, but I would prefer to address that after a new
release.

Any though or comments are welcome.
I am specifically curious if the added intro [1] and best practices [2]
documentation is clear and helps to get a better overview of Apache Celix.

[1] https://github.com/apache/celix/blob/develop/documents/intro/readme.md
[2]
https://github.com/apache/celix/blob/develop/documents/best_practices/readme.md

Greetings,