celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject 2.0.0 release and alpha releases
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 09:45:22 GMT
Hi All,

As result of the release discussion, I started to assign some jira issue
for the next release [1].

I would like to propose to work towards the next (stable) release by
releasing alpha releases (with small updates). As discussed in previous
mails.

The alpha release will be created using the git workflow [2]. Meaning that
a release branch will be created from the develop branch, for alpha release
probably for a short period, which will be eventually pushed to master and
tagged.

I am not sure what we should use for version numbers. My proposal is to use
2.0.0-alpha1, 2.0.0-alpha2, etc.

As roadmap I propose the following:

2.0.0-alpha1
 - Remove APR (CELIX-119)
 - New Depependency Manager (CELIX-210)
2.0.0-alpha2
 - Remote Service Admin with libffi (CELIX-237)
2.0.0-alpha3
  - celix-bootstrap (using RSA libffi / DepMan ) (CELIX-236)
2.0.0-alpha4
  - shell command refactoring (using FILE streams) (CELIX-230)
2.0.0-beta1
   - Major bugs / memory leaks

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CELIX/fixforversion/12325955
[2]