celix-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Jansman <e...@jansman.eu>
Subject Re: 2.0.0 release and alpha releases
Date Sun, 16 Aug 2015 12:43:44 GMT

Hello All,

I wasn't able to respond earlier because of holiday.

Regarding the Event Admin, I have been working on it to remove APR
from it. This posed some problems which I will take care of soon. I
think it is best to remove it from the next release since it will only
delay the release and I don't know when it will be done and tested.

On the rest, it looks like a nice planning to me.

regards,

Erik
On 14-08-15 11:50, Pepijn Noltes wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 3:39 PM Bjoern Petri
> <bjoern.petri@sundevil.de> wrote:
>

>> Hi Pepijn,
>>
>> +1. Good planning! Just one question: I think the removal of APR
>> could be done is almost no work if we decide to not include the
>> shell_bonjour and the event admin into this release.
>>

> Yeah, that was also my idea. Just disable them (comment out from
> CMakeLists.txt). Both bundle are IMO not must have for a release.
> Added a comment to the issue to clarify this.
>

>> While first is probably not a big deal, I am not aware of the
>> status of the event admin at all. I would be pleased if someone
>> has some more information. Otherwise I would propose to not
>> include it into the next release.
>>
>> Regards, Bjoern
>>

>> On 2015-08-12 11:45, Pepijn Noltes wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> As result of the release discussion, I started to assign some
>>> jira issue for the next release [1].
>>>
>>> I would like to propose to work towards the next (stable)
>>> release by releasing alpha releases (with small updates). As
>>> discussed in previous mails.
>>>
>>> The alpha release will be created using the git workflow [2].
>>> Meaning that a release branch will be created from the develop
>>> branch, for alpha release probably for a short period, which
>>> will be eventually pushed to master and tagged.
>>>
>>> I am not sure what we should use for version numbers. My
>>> proposal is to use 2.0.0-alpha1, 2.0.0-alpha2, etc.
>>>
>>> As roadmap I propose the following:
>>>
>>> 2.0.0-alpha1 - Remove APR (CELIX-119) - New Depependency
>>> Manager (CELIX-210) 2.0.0-alpha2 - Remote Service Admin with
>>> libffi (CELIX-237) 2.0.0-alpha3 - celix-bootstrap (using RSA
>>> libffi / DepMan ) (CELIX-236) 2.0.0-alpha4 - shell command
>>> refactoring (using FILE streams) (CELIX-230) 2.0.0-beta1 -
>>> Major bugs / memory leaks
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CELIX/fixforversion/12325955

[2]