celix-dev mailing list archives

From Bjoern Petri <bjoern.pe...@sundevil.de>
Subject celix on android
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 11:09:34 GMT

Hi!

While it is not a big deal to cross-compile Celix for ARM platforms
which experience major support like the raspberry pi, it is  more
difficult to circumvent the dependencies when cross-compiling for
Android. With the removal of APR, Celix now got rid of one of the
main obstacles making it difficult to cross-compile for Android.

After rumors have been around for a while now, I finally found some
time to push my work to run Celix on Android. Right now, the changes
you find in the features/CELIX-247_android_support branch incorporate
the needed changes to be able to compile with the android ndk. Looking
at the code you'll be surprised how less code actually needed to be
isolated (via a cmake definition) when compiling for Android. That's
why I think we should also try to work towards a further integration
of having Android as supported platform.

Currently, I am also cross-compiling libuuid, libcurl, libjansson,
libxml2 and link them statically with Celix. So, even for doing remote
services with Android, it is not necessary to deploy additional
libraries.

How this is done in particular can be reproduced by using the Dockerfile
which can be found within the same branch.

Have fun & feel free to comment,
   Bjoern