celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: celix on android
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 12:56:46 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 1:09 PM Bjoern Petri <bjoern.petri@sundevil.de>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> While it is not a big deal to cross-compile Celix for ARM platforms
> which experience major support like the raspberry pi, it is  more
> difficult to circumvent the dependencies when cross-compiling for
> Android. With the removal of APR, Celix now got rid of one of the
> main obstacles making it difficult to cross-compile for Android.
>
> After rumors have been around for a while now, I finally found some
> time to push my work to run Celix on Android. Right now, the changes
> you find in the features/CELIX-247_android_support branch incorporate
> the needed changes to be able to compile with the android ndk. Looking
> at the code you'll be surprised how less code actually needed to be
> isolated (via a cmake definition) when compiling for Android. That's
> why I think we should also try to work towards a further integration
> of having Android as supported platform.
>
> Currently, I am also cross-compiling libuuid, libcurl, libjansson,
> libxml2 and link them statically with Celix. So, even for doing remote
> services with Android, it is not necessary to deploy additional
> libraries.
>
> How this is done in particular can be reproduced by using the Dockerfile
> which can be found within the same branch.

Nice work Bjoern, I already updated the DockerFile and added some comments
on how to use it.

One thing is that would prefer a different location for the DokerFile. A
DockerFile in the root directory is IMO fine, but then is should be a Celix
DockerFile and this is more a Celix-Android-Builder DockerFile.

Greetings,
Pepijn