celix-dev mailing list archives

From Gerrit Binnenmars <gerritbinnenm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Travis Continuous Integration
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2015 20:28:14 GMT
Hello,

Nice work Bjoern. For sure Travis will help to improve the quality and more
people become aware of Celix.
Some time ago I asked about a planning for Celix release 2.0. Unfortunately
it still is not clear.
The main reason for asking this was that I want to be able to refer to a
specific version of the Celix main branch.

At the moment, I work with CoreOS. and they work with a kind of continuous
release in an alpha channel. I like that.
I am not sure if the voting mechanism of the Apache process prevents this,
but I would like to propose the following idea

1 Start working with short sprints (at most 4 weeks) in which some
pre-agreed Jira issues and or features are solved
  Not sure yet about the best way to discuss this. (Planningsboard?)
2.Finish this sprint with an update of the tests and documentation
3.Use Travis to test this version. If no errors are detected this will be
the next alpha release.
4. If "enough" features are integrated and have run for some time an alpha
release (for sure not the latest) can be promoted to an "official" release.

I know that a lot is going on in Celix, and it would be nice if this became
more visible.

Curious for reactions,

Greetings Gerrit