celix-dev mailing list archives

From Bjoern Petri <bjoern.pe...@sundevil.de>
Subject Travis Continuous Integration
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 20:08:34 GMT

Hi everyone,

A while ago I stumbled over Travis CI. Travis is a continuous
integration service which automatically detects when a commit
has been pushed to a GitHub repository. It can be configured to
trigger a build or do some tests runs, when this happens.

After asking Apache Infra to enable the necessary hook for Celix,
I configured Travis CI to just perform a simple cmake-build using gcc
and clang, but we could improve this later , so that unit- or even
integration tests can be performed once a commit has been pushed.

Currently, only the develop branch is handled by Travis CI. If you
want to enable Travis CI in your feature branch, you just need to
add a .travis.yml file, so Travis knows how to handle the build.

See also the current travis.yml:
https://github.com/apache/celix/blob/develop/.travis.yml

and our (yet still short) build history:
https://travis-ci.org/apache/celix/

Regards,
Bjoern