celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject celix-bootstrap
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 13:31:31 GMT
Hi All,

I like to push celix-cog [1], as celix-bootstrap, to the Apache Celix git
repro.

I mailed about celix-cog before, but in short it a code generation tool
written in python to quickly generated new bundles (CMake files and c/h
files). It has a command line interface and uses JSON as input format.

Btw I also looked at amdatu-bootstrap, but I think a CLI is a better fit
for Apache Celix.

I opted to use python, because IMO it fits the need (quick to learn,
powerful syntax, garbage collection, platform independent) and can parse
JSON quite easily . celix-cog is based on cog [2], which is a powerful but
simple template engine.

Please let me know if you think this is useful (or not) to add to Apache
Celix.

[1] https://github.com/pnoltes/celix_cog
[2] http://nedbatchelder.com/code/cog

Thanks,