celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: report & releases
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 18:59:05 GMT
Hi All,

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 5:15 PM Bjoern Petri <bjoern.petri@sundevil.de>
wrote:

> Hi Gerrit,
>

> On 13.05.2015 21:51, Gerrit Binnenmars wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Good to hear that a release is planned. Just some questions for the
> > release
> > - Will the dependency manager be included in the release?

I think dependency manager is feasible to include, but maybe Alexander can
comment in the actual state.
What now is also possible it to include celix-bootstrap in the release.
Although there is still some considerable work to be done here.

> > - What about the config manager and the event admin?

Config admin needs some attention because in not up to date with the api.
Again also here depends how much time we want to spent preparing for the
next release.

What we did not yet discuss is a time frame for the next release.
Personally I was thinking about the end of august, so that we still have
some months left to include some features (e.g . depepency manager config
admin, etc). WDYT?

> > - How mature is Celix without APR, how well is it tested?
> While APR has been removed from the majority of the bundles, the
> event_admin and the shell_bonjour still has a dependency to APR.

I would like to propose to remove shell_bonjour and event_admin from the
src when the release branch will be created. This way it will still exists
 in develop and can completely remove APR from the next release.