celix-dev mailing list archives

From Bjoern Petri <bjoern.pe...@sundevil.de>
Subject Re: report & releases
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 15:15:10 GMT

Hi Gerrit,

On 13.05.2015 21:51, Gerrit Binnenmars wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Good to hear that a release is planned. Just some questions for the
> release
> - Will the dependency manager be included in the release?
> - What about the config manager and the event admin?
> - Will remote service discovery with ETCD be included?

Though discovery etcd can still be improved in some points, it is
working quite reliable. Considering that etcd itself is bleeding-edge
software, I don't see a reason to not include it. Anyway, it might be a good
idea to document what is  currently supported by discovery_etcd.

> - How mature is Celix without APR, how well is it tested?
While APR has been removed from the majority of the bundles, the
event_admin and the shell_bonjour still has a dependency to APR.

In general I have the impression that celix does hardly contain any
memory leaks any more, while I still
see some few data races when using ThreadSanitizer. Those should be
solved for the release.

> - Where can we help with the above points

Testing wherever possible is welcome :).

  Bjoern