celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GIT flow
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 17:13:52 GMT

> On 27 Mar 2015 at 12:46:01, Alexander Broekhuis (a.broekhuis@gmail.com)
> wrote:
>
> This means:
>
> * release/v#.#.#: Branch on which a release is done, this includes
> packaging, touching up headers and other files etc.
>
> This implies:
>
> 1) We only release “everything at once”.

For the time being I think that will be the case. With the current cmake
solution it is not easy to release only one part. Also even if we want to
do a release of one component, I think the tag/branch is on the repository
level (I doubt we will make any binaries available as part of the project
for any of the next releases).
If so, in that case the version tag/name could be a bit more extensive, eg,
release/dependency_manager-1.0.0 etc.

> 2) #.#.# sounds like we use some kind of semantic versioning for the
> releases?
>
> I am not disagreeing with either, just making sure my conclusions are
> correct.

I would like to use semantic versioning. But I'm not sure if it should be
applicable to the top level (overall) version number. Within the project
the separate bundles do have an own version as well. For those semantic
versioning makes more sense.

I think versioning as well as releasing all as one etc needs more
discussion when we are ready to make a next release. I hope this can be
done rather sooner than later. Personally I'd like to make a new release
once APR has been removed completely.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis