celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Board report
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 08:32:39 GMT
I've updated the report. Please take a look, if all is ok, I'll post it
this evening or tomorrow. I've also added some in-line comments below.

----
Celix is an OSGi like implementation in C with a distinct focus on
interoperability between Java and C.

Activity
In the last months there has been a lot of activity, issues have been filed
and resolved.
Also we are working on removing the usage of APR.
Issues with the website have been fixed, a getting started guide has been
added [1].
Wrt publicity, a talk about Celix was given at the FOSDEM 2015.

Statistics:
* Last committer added: 2014-03-04
* Last PMC member added: 2014-07-17

* Mailing list activity in october - january: 93 messages on dev
* Commits since october: 193 commits
* Last release: 2014-02-24: Apache Celix 1.0.0 release

[1]: http://celix.apache.org/documentation/getting_started.html
------

> On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Erik Jansman <Erik@jansman.eu> wrote:
> > Not sure if it should be here but I'll ask it anyway, what is the next
> > big development goal?
>
> Well big goal ... In my opinion removing APR and stabilizing is the next
> goal.

I thinks once APR is removed we should make a new (2.0?) release. One item
that needs to be discussed is wether we want to have an build option to
still be able to maintain the old API (mostly the bundle_context providing
a memory pool).

> After that or probably parallel I expect some commits on remote
> services (IDL, code generation new protocol/serialization). Not sure
> if this is mentioned before, but these coming changes are done under
> the INAETICS research program [1][2]. When the time is right I will
> post some more info / start a discussion.
>
> I'm very interesting in this work. Not sure if there is already some code
being written, if so, why not do it directly in the Celix repo? So that
other people can view/test it? If not, can this be done directly in the
Celix repo?
I'm not sure if the research project setup makes this possible.. So if
there are objections to this, I'm looking forward to some patches/code
donations!

Back to the subject of this thread, the report is imho complete, if there
is still something missing, let me know!
If more info is needed on the other subjects, please start a new mail
thread.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis