celix-dev mailing list archives

From Bjoern Petri <bjoern.pe...@sundevil.de>
Subject Re: Getting started with Celix instructions.
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 18:27:25 GMT
On 2014-10-07 20:07, Pepijn Noltes wrote:
[...]
>>     a. What are each of the BUILD_  bundles in CCMAKE and what are
>> they
>> used for? This might already be documented somewhere. Maybe just a
>> reference/link to that page would work.
>
> The BUILD_ options can be used to enable/disable additional bundles to
> be build/installed. These are mentioned in the specific sub project
> pages [1]. Seeing this question, I think it is also wise to mentioned
> them in the getting started guide.

Just wanted to add, that most of these bundles belong to a OSGi
Specification. The BUILD_DEPLOYMENT_ADMIN option for example will enable
building of the Deployment Admin Service bundle which implements the
OSGi Deployment Admin specification. As this is also implemented by e.g.
Apache Felix, you usually find already some quite useful information
about the purpose of the bundle by just searching the web for it.

Regards,
   Bjoern