celix-dev mailing list archives

From Isaac Rose <isaacdr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting started with Celix instructions.
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 14:49:31 GMT
Sorry, accidentally sent an incomplete message.
Hi everyone, I have just started to use Celix and have been trying to get
going using the instructions at this link.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/celix/site/trunk/content/documentation/getting_started.md

1. Do I need to install libxml2-dev .deb package as well?
2. Is libslp-dev .deb package only needed if I enable RSA SLP?
3. What is the minimum set of Celix bundles that need to be built?
    a. What are each of the BUILD_  bundles in CCMAKE and what are they
used for? This might already be documented somewhere. Maybe just a
reference/link to that page would work.
4. It wasn't clear in the instructions, but it seems that I need to
checkout celix and create a build and a install folder.
    a. Perhaps a better visualization of the folder tree with an
explanation of what each directory is for.

|--celix_src (Checkout of celix trunk)
|--celix_build(build of celix - run cmake and make from here)
|--install (the location of the celix runtime and the target directory
where the ./celix_build/make install-all)
|--my_celix_src (location of my celix bundles
'--my_celix_build (the location where cmake and make are run for my bundles.

That is all the suggestions I have for now. I am trying to work my way
through creating a bundle and may have some more suggestions after that.

Thanks,
Isaac