celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1627454 - in /celix/trunk/remote_services/discovery_etcd/private: include/etcd.h src/etcd.c src/etcd_watcher.c
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 17:11:36 GMT

> the ttl specifies the specified time to live for the key in seconds. The
> discovery_etcd announces itself with a ttl of 30 seconds. If the etcd-watch
> of the amdatu discovery etcd-implementation (not the
> endpoint_discovery_poller) takes more time than this, the described
> behavior occurs. Because the etcd-watch is nothing else than a long poll,
> the timeout values has to be set accordingly. The celix discovery-etcd
> implementation currently uses 10 seconds for that.

Can we align this to work out of the box with Amdatu? I think there is
great value in having a working implementation with as little setup as
possible. If there is a specific reason for the 10 seconds in Celix, we
need to document this somewhere.

Thanks for the explanation!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,