celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1627454 - in /celix/trunk/remote_services/discovery_etcd/private: include/etcd.h src/etcd.c src/etcd_watcher.c
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 18:45:19 GMT
Replying to my own post..

>> Indeed, an "update" would be the nicer solution - this is unfortunately
>> not yet supported by the Celix implementation - I will add it within the
>> next days.
>>
>> We could also change the update interval from 10 seconds, if you'd like
>> to. I just choose a value not that high, so I don't need to wait that long
>> when shutting down the discovery_etcd.
>>

> I don't think the solution is in changing a value, because then after that
> time, the other ends would still toggle all services because of the "set",
> which should not happen.
>
> Looking at the code, a TTL of 0 means no TTL. Is this correct? In that
> case I can set the TTL to 0. If this is not the case, this update breaks
> interop with Amdatu, which I think we don't want. Disabling the TTL would
> be a reasonable fix I guess.

Not setting a TTL is not enough in this case. The "addOwnFramework" call
should not happen each watch interval. So perhaps this needs some
additional logic.

Since this now breaks the RSA when using it with Amdatu, is this something
that can be added easily? Or is it easier to make it an "update"?

Ps: I need this for tomorrow for a demo, if this is a problem I'll just
revert the TTL changes for a local build..

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis