celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1627454 - in /celix/trunk/remote_services/discovery_etcd/private: include/etcd.h src/etcd.c src/etcd_watcher.c
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 18:42:26 GMT

>  The Amdatu implementation does not yet support TTL. But is this behaviour
>> as expected? I don't think a TTL update should trigger a "set" on the
>> other
>> ends..
>>
>> What do you think?
>>

> Indeed, an "update" would be the nicer solution - this is unfortunately
> not yet supported by the Celix implementation - I will add it within the
> next days.
>
> We could also change the update interval from 10 seconds, if you'd like
> to. I just choose a value not that high, so I don't need to wait that long
> when shutting down the discovery_etcd.

I don't think the solution is in changing a value, because then after that
time, the other ends would still toggle all services because of the "set",
which should not happen.

Looking at the code, a TTL of 0 means no TTL. Is this correct? In that case
I can set the TTL to 0. If this is not the case, this update breaks interop
with Amdatu, which I think we don't want. Disabling the TTL would be a
reasonable fix I guess.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis