celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Symbol visibility
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 07:25:35 GMT
Hi all,

In the past I have done some work for symbol visibility, this has never
been enabled properly (or has been disabled for some reason). I'd like to
enable this now in the build.

I did some local testing, and I don't see any problems with it. Besides
setting visibility in the framework and the utils, something has to be
setup for use in private/exported/imported libraries as well. I can add
something for this.

What is a problem however, is the fw_log function which is now used in some
bundles as well. The fw_log function is specifically for the framework
itself, and not for others, so it should not be exported.
In places where logging is needed, the log_service should be used. Bjoern
already proposed to write some helper code to easily get a logger and use
it. I'd like to see this as well.

Besides the fw_log I assume several other (framework private) functions are
now exported as well, this will need to be addressed later on as well.

What do you all think?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis