celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (CELIX-119) Removing APR from framework
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 12:43:10 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Erik Jansman <Erik@jansman.eu> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I see a lot of commits with changes concerning APR. Will APR be completly
> removed from the project or only from the framework and when was this
> decided? I can't seem to find the discussion on the mailinglist.

This was discussed a while back, see [1]. I see now that the
conclusion is not very clear. In short we agree that should not leak
the apr API through the Celix API.

Alexander & I are today making a start in removing apr all together,
because, IMO, no apr API leaking can only really be achieved by
removing apr (due to everything needs a memory pool and we dont want
memory pools in API). But any comment,help & discussion is welcome ...

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/wmyas74a3fhxorhu

Greetings,
Pepijn