celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Graduate Apache Celix to a top-level project
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 18:03:16 GMT
Hi Celix community,

After a bit more then 3.5 years we'd like to graduate Celix to a top-level
project!
Over the past couple of months we have been working towards graduation, and
ticked all the open points of the graduation list on [1].
The current project status can be found on [2], I've send an updated
version earlier to day, which hasn't been uploaded/processed yet.
The Celix name has been approved by Trademarks, as can be seen on [3].

We do feel confident that Celix is ready for graduation, and have created
the resolution for this. The text can be found at the bottom of the mail.

This resolution lists the current committers as PMC members, to summarise:
* Alexander Broekhuis
* Pepijn Noltes
* Bjoern Petri
* Erik Jansman

The resolution also lists a chair, and even though I have filled in my own
name now, I think it is still open for discussion. So any feedback on this
is welcome as well!

Even though [1] doesn't list a vote on the project list I'd like to use
this thread to get the confidence of the community, so please cast your
vote:

[ ] +1 Graduate the Apache Celix podling from Apache Incubator as a TLP
[ ] +0 Indifferent to the graduation status of Apache Celix podling
[ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache Celix podling from Apache Incubator
because ...

The vote will be open for the next 72 hours. After a successful vote I will
start the discussion (and later the vote) on the general incubator list as
well.

[1]: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#checklist
[2]: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/celix.html
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-50

-----------
Graduation Resolution:

    X. Establish the Apache Celix Project

       open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
       the public, related to a native implementation of the OSGi
       specification.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Celix Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Celix Project be and hereby is
       related to a native implementation of the OSGi
       specification;
       and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Celix" be
       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
       serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
       of the Apache Celix Project, and to have primary responsibility
       for management of the projects within the scope of
       responsibility of the Apache Celix Project; and be it further

       Apache Celix Project:

         * Alexander Broekhuis               <abroekhuis@apache.org>
         * Pepijn Noltes                          <pnoltes@apache.org>
         * Bjoern Petri                            <bpetri@apache.org>
         * Erik Jansman                         <ejansman@apache.org>

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Alexander Broekhuis
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Celix, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
       or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Celix PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
       encourage open development and increased participation in the
       Apache Celix Project; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Celix Project be and hereby
       Incubator Celix podling; and be it further

       Incubator Celix podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       Project are hereafter discharged.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis