celix-dev mailing list archives

From "J.W. Janssen" <j.w.jans...@lxtreme.nl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Celix to a top-level project
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 15:37:37 GMT
On 05/06/14 09:07, Alexander Broekhuis wrote:

>> > One additional remark: wouldn't be an idea to register the name Celix as
>> > trademark, as suggested in [1]?
>> >
> I'll ask trademarks what the best thing to do is. As far as I know other
> project I use (eg Felix and ACE) don't have their name registered. If
> someone has any more insight in this, please give a response!

All I know is that there is budget secured for projects to secure their
project name as registered trademarks. A mail to trademarks@ will
probably give you a good response whether there is still budget left.

Some links:

  PMC Branding Responsibilities
  http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/responsibility.html

  Apache Brand Use Reporting Guidelines
  http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/reporting.html

  And some useful slides from ApacheCon NA 2014 by Shane Curcuru:

http://www.slideshare.net/shanecurcuru/policing-apachebranduse-scurcuruapachecon2014-33452407

Hope this helps,

Regards,

  Jan Willem