celix-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Quartier" <thomas.quart...@student.kuleuven.be>
Subject APR memory dealocation when bundle stops
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 12:34:20 GMT
Hello,

I'm testing Celix for my master thesis. I've cross compiled Celix to
embedded Linux for an ARM at91sam9260-ek development board using Buildroot.
To test the memory footprint of Celix, I have 10 bundles that each start and
stop an APR thread in the bundleActivator_start and bundleActivator_stop
functions. I start and stop these 10 bundles one by one. In the memory plot,
I can see all bundles start but when stopping them, memory is not
deallocated. To stop a thread, I set a bool to false and wait (join) for the
thread to exit as in the echo example. The execution of the thread and the
bundle stops but memory stays allocated. I also tried to use the
apr_thread_exit function after the join but that results in a segmentation
fault.

Kind regards,

Thomas