celix-dev mailing list archives

From Mike van Dongen <ce...@mikevandongen.nl>
Subject RE: Multiple library support and code sharing
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 21:23:14 GMT
Hi Alexander,

This might also be a solution to a problem I stumbled upon when using Celix with Apache ACE.
The problem is that Celix bundles lack compatibility between different platforms and architectures.For
example, bundles compiled on Linux x86 can (for obvious reasons) not be used on Linux x86-64,
or on Mac OS/Windows for that matter.
I don't know if others consider this to be a problem/useful feature,
but IMHO it's something to discuss as it would mean supporting multiple libraries in a bundle.

Sincerely,
Mike van Dongen.