celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduating to a TLP
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 08:11:11 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 8:21 AM, Alexander Broekhuis
<a.broekhuis@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am resurrecting this thread since we now have an additional committer who
> isn't from any of the existing companies, and we did our 1.0.0 release.
>
> So I'd like to hear what people are now thinking of graduation. In my
> original post I mentioned several argument for graduation:
> * Shows more maturity to the users of Celix
> * Makes it easier to handle code donations
> * Makes it easier to add new committers
> (in both cases because we don't have to rely on our mentors anymore)
>
> I still think these are valid reasons, combined with the fact that we now
> have 4 (:D) committers I think we are good to go!
> The committers we have are:
> * Alexander Broekhuis (Luminis)
> * Pepijn Noltes (Thales)
> * Bjoern Petri (Thales)
> * Erik Jansman (Student researcher)
>
> As mentioned before, this is a discussion, not yet a vote. Please speak up
> and lets discuss this!

I agree we are good to go with respect to the committers/community. Looking
at the graduation checklist [1], I think step 1 of preparations is not
finished yet, but maybe i'm reading it incorrect ...
Also for step 5 of the preparations,  ensure Mentors and IPMC have no
remaining issues, do we need to post a message for this on the incubator
list?

@Mentors: Could we have your input on this discussion, are there still
remaining issues in your opinion? Thanks.

Greetings,
Pepijn

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#checklist