celix-dev mailing list archives

From Ferry Huberts <maili...@hupie.com>
Subject Re: Multiple library support and code sharing
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 21:36:23 GMT

On 06/03/14 22:23, Mike van Dongen wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> This might also be a solution to a problem I stumbled upon when using Celix with Apache
ACE.
> The problem is that Celix bundles lack compatibility between different platforms and
architectures.For example, bundles compiled on Linux x86 can (for obvious reasons) not be
used on Linux x86-64, or on Mac OS/Windows for that matter.
> I don't know if others consider this to be a problem/useful feature,
> but IMHO it's something to discuss as it would mean supporting multiple libraries in
a bundle.

Either that or adding the corresponding Require-Capability header

Also worth a mention, there might be other Req-Cap's needed: for example
one for the c library version. A library compiled on Fedora 20 will not
work on Debian Wheezy because of the c library version difference.

Something to consider.. :-)

--
Ferry Huberts