celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release manager page
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 19:56:20 GMT
Hi Alexander,

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekhuis@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to work towards a new release (hopefully before the end of the
> year). To this end I've begun to check the previous release thread for open
> issues.
>
> One item on that thread relates to the lack of a "How to Release" page.
> I've written a first draft for this at [1]. This isn't published yet, and
> before I do so I'd like to hear some feedback.
>
> So if someone thinks something is missing and/or unclear, please let me
> know!
>
> [1]: http://celix.staging.apache.org/celix/documentation/releasing.html

Nice work. Looks very complete to me.

I noticed two things:

I assume the text

// The create symbolic link can be removed> celix celix-X.Y.Z.incubating

Should be

// The create symbolic link can be removed> rm celix-X.Y.Z.incubating

And you mentioned a APACHE_RAT option for cmake, but as far as I known
Celix does not have a APACHE_RAT option. I am missing something or is this
still work in progress/planning ?

Greetings,
Pepijn