celix-dev mailing list archives

From e...@jansman.eu
Subject Re: Release manager page
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 08:27:04 GMT
Hello All,

> Hi Alexander,
>

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Alexander Broekhuis
> <a.broekhuis@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am trying to work towards a new release (hopefully before the end of
>> the
>> year). To this end I've begun to check the previous release thread for
>> open
>> issues.
>>
>> One item on that thread relates to the lack of a "How to Release" page.
>> I've written a first draft for this at [1]. This isn't published yet,
>> and
>> before I do so I'd like to hear some feedback.
>>
>> So if someone thinks something is missing and/or unclear, please let me
>> know!
>>
>> [1]: http://celix.staging.apache.org/celix/documentation/releasing.html
>

> Nice work. Looks very complete to me.
>
> I noticed two things:
>
> I assume the text
>
> // The create symbolic link can be removed> celix celix-X.Y.Z.incubating
>
> Should be
>
> // The create symbolic link can be removed> rm celix-X.Y.Z.incubating
>
> And you mentioned a APACHE_RAT option for cmake, but as far as I known
> Celix does not have a APACHE_RAT option. I am missing something or is this
> still work in progress/planning ?
I'm also wondering if this is already in Celix and if we could also use it
while working on bundles to check external libs but thats out of scope
here.

I did find a discuss point in the part Create SVN tag.
qoute: "Note: Make sure there are no new changes made on trunk while
working on the release. Discuss: Use a branch for staging the release and
the files? Or possibly use a revision nr"
Do you want to use the branch to stage the files of the release before
testing to make sure no changes are made to it or do you want to put the
files of the release and the release in a branch to use for
support/patches on bugs found in that release?

Regards,

Erik