celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remote service using shared mem
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:16:18 GMT
Hi,

Unrelated to the previous problems, Pepijn today fixed issue CELIX-82 [1].
This also requires an update in the SHM code. Could you also port that
change to your code?

2013/9/17 Björn Petri <bjoern.petri@sundevil.de>

> Hi Alexander,
>
> I already updated the issues we spoke about, so stopping the
> example-service does not segfault any more.

I tried a bit with the new patch, and still have a problem. I haven't
tested it in detail, but during the stop of the RSA something unexpected
happens.

The problem reported is: celix(82209,0x10ff7a180) malloc: *** error for
object 0x7f9ff48dda00: pointer being freed was not allocated

A reason for such errors can be the use of pools and still freeing
pointers. If a pointer which is in a pool is being freed, during the apr
shutdown it is freed again.
In this case I suspect it has to do with the use of APR for some shmem
functions, while other parts are done using standard (low level) api calls.

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CELIX-82

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis