celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Remote Services embedded Mongoose
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 07:25:09 GMT
Hi all,

I am looking into the RSA again, and wanted to upgrade the embedded
mongoose. But apparently some time ago they changed the license to GPL (it
used to be MIT) [1], so that means the latest Mongoose is a no-go for us..

So I basically see 2 (or 3) options:
* Leave the code as is
  I don't like this option, for me the current Mongoose code doesn't work.
I haven't investigated this yet..
* Search for an alternative
* Fork the latest MIT based revision of mongoose
  This is already done by [2], I haven't looked at it yet..

Does anyone else have an idea or thought on this topic? And what option is
the best?

[1]: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mongoose-users/aafbOnHonkI
[2]: https://github.com/sunsetbrew/civetweb

--