celix-dev mailing list archives

From Björn Petri <bjoern.pe...@sundevil.de>
Subject Re: Remote service using shared mem
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2013 08:02:01 GMT

Hello,

I just created JIRA issue CELIX-81, including a patch which adds several
components allowing CELIX to use Shared Memory for remote services
(discovery_shm, remote_service_admin_shm and example_proxy_shm).
Besides, two new deployment targets are added, which can be used to
locally test the shared memory implementation using the already existing
example_service.

Netstring support (see JIRA issue CELIX-80 for according patch) is
required to get the this shm implementation working. Also note that
shared memory segments or semaphores might be left in the system and
needs to be removed manually (see ipcs, ipcrm) when CELIX does not
shutdown as expected.

Regards,
   Bjoern