celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remote service transport system
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 08:45:09 GMT
Hi,

> I would like to start working on the implementation tomorrow so I don't
> know how much time you would need to look it up. Pepijn and I created the
> attached header files to base the new implementation on. The handler will
> be giving a server to a RS and a Connection to the connecting client. What
> do you think about this way of implementing it?

No problem, I already checked, and all I did was some work where the http
handler is separated from the RSA. There aren't even any services defined
etc. So feel free to continue.

As far as I can tell the headers look fine.

> I think every service will get it's own TCP socket or transport server. I
> think this is a better way to do it. If one socket gets blocked because it
> is busy the other sockets still can handle data, unless of course the
> interface is blocked.

I think we are talking about two different things. You are right that for
TCP each endpoint needs an own socket, but I was talking about a service
factory.
Thinking about this a bit further I don't think this will work, because
with a service factory, every time the service is retrieved (getService),
the factory creates a new instance. We probably don't want this for every
user of the service.
A service with an API in which a new socket and service is created via an
API is probably good enough.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis