celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Framework API
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 07:27:45 GMT
Hi all,

> I don't have any objections to this.
> I also don't see a cleaner solution without resolving to structs with
> functions pointers or struct inheritance. struct inheritance you already
> mentioned and for structs with functions pointers will make thinks - in my
> opinion - also unclear.

I'll update the bundle code to check if the bundle is the framework or not,
and forward the call accordingly.

A second followup question: Felix uses something they call systembundle
activators [1], they provide a rather clean way of embedding the framework.
Is this something we would like to have in Celix?

Without systembundle activators, the non-OSGi application has to use the
frameworkbundle to retrieve a BundleContext and work with it. This works
without a problem, but from a code point of view it can become messy.

Having systembundle activators makes this cleaner, since the framework
takes care of calling the activators. This makes it possible to have a bit
more separated implementation for the non-OSGi app.

What do you guys think?

[1]:
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-launching-and-embedding.html#ApacheFelixFrameworkLaunchingandEmbedding-embedding

--