celix-dev mailing list archives

From e...@jansman.eu
Subject Re: Remote service transport system
Date Mon, 27 May 2013 13:28:48 GMT
First of all everyone thank you for the input.

>> On May 26, 2013, at 13:04 PM, Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnoltes@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

> Thanks Marcel. Then I think creating a  ZeroMQ RSA/transport bundle open
> source project on a different location and keeping Mongoose as default is
> the best solution.

This sounds like a logical think to do. I'll just have to figure out how
to move mongoose from the Remote service admin to a new service. I guess
this should be the first step and after having done that add ZeroMQ from
an open-source project.

When making a new service with mongoose I would like to change the remote
service admin to do less. As far as i can see the RSA now handles
everything from creating the endpoint to receiving and processing the
callback from mongoose. I would like to change this to the RSA requesting
a transport service to create a endpoint from an endpoint description if
possible.

The flow of the RSA,a transport service (TS), and a remote service (RS)
would then be:
1: The RSA starts and listens for TS and RS
2: The TS starts. The RSA now knows about the transport service
3: The RS starts, Asks the RSA for an endpoint based on supplied endpoint
description.
4: RSA asks known TS if they are capable of setting up an endpoint with
supplied endpoint description.
5: RSA asks one of the capable TS for an endpoint.
6: TS sets up endpoint.
7: RSA returns to RS with a status if the endpoint is created or not.
8: The TS now listens for incoming requests and calls the callback
function supplied by the endpoint description and thus directly the RS.
9: RS handles the function call and returns to the TS.

I think this is a logical way to handle the transport with remote
services. I do have some questions on what to do when the RSA stops.
1: Should all the TS and RS stop as well or can they stay online?
2: What should happen to an RS if the TS it uses stops? Stop the TS as
well or ask the RSA for a new TS if possible?

Regards,

Erik Jansman