celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Apr 2013 ([ppmc])
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 09:24:57 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekhuis@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi completely forgot about it, and the notice only came the 8th.. While
> mentioning the 3rd as final date.
>
> At the moment I am at a meeting, but can write it later today. But if
> Pepijn can pick it up, that would be great!

Ok, see below. I wrote this quickly, so comment are more than welcome :)

Celix

Celix is an OSGi like implementation in C with a distinct focus on
interoperability between Java and C.

Celix has been incubating since 2010-11-02.

  1. Grow a community
  2. Find more committers
  3. ..

Celix is maintained by 2 committers and a small group of users. Questions
to the mailing list are (most of the time) answered quickly. We are also
trying to give talks on Celix or related stuff on conferences.
We see and recognise the problem of the small community, but are also
confident that Celix and its community will grow.

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?
None.

There is no active growth, but there are currently two students doing their
internship with Apache Celix and we are trying hoping to get some projects
in the Google Summer of Code 2013. We hope that this will lead in more
activity on the mailing-list and hopefully extra committers.

Technically progress has been slow the last months, although we expect more
contributions in the coming months.