celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google summer of code
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:30:49 GMT
Hi,

> I am not so sure on this one. Is there any specific reason and/or need for
> > this support? I don't have a feeling this is used a lot in the OSGi
> world.
> > But I might be mistaken...
> >

> Well I know we (Thales) will eventually need this for security reasons and
> I was thinking that this is small enough to be realistic to realize in the
> time frame (mid June till mid/end September), maybe even too small ?

I don't know how large it is. While I understand the Thales point of view,
we also should try to keep in touch with the Celix community... So I am not
sure what to do ;).

I am inclined to say that this is fine if no one else objects...

> > I personally see much more need for a EventAdmin and ConfigurationAdmin
> > implementation. Another interesting part might be Remote Services, and
> then
> > in combination with Java OSGi Remote Services. Ie, protocol
> implementation
> > and discovery.
> >

> Well, the EventAdmin would be very welcome, so I agree on that one.

Seeing the time, perhaps an idea to do 2 things?

> At the moment I am supervising two students, one is working on remote
> services and the other one on the ConfigurationAdmin. So I don't think we
> need a gsoc project for those subjects.
>
> I am now realizing that it a good idea to keep this mailing list up to date
> with the development the students work.  I will ask the students to
> introduce them self to this mailing list and once in a while post an update
> of their progress.

Would be great to hear what they are doing! At this moment the Celix list
and work is really quiet... If you need some sort of review on their work,
feel free to contact me off-list.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis