celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google summer of code
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:55:40 GMT
Hi,

2013/3/26 Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnoltes@gmail.com>

> Hi All,
>
> Currently I have a student working on remote services for Apache Celix and
> he expressed an interest in doing some additional work on Apache Celix for
> Google Summer of Code [1]. I known this is late - deadline is friday 29
> march -, but I do think i would be good a idea (gsoc experience, community
> growth and tech. progress) to add to gsoc projects for Apache Celix. How
> this can be done is described in [2].

I agree this is a good idea. Lets at least try it..

> One of the projects I like to submit is "Adding support for digital signed
> zips - OSGi 4.3 core spec paragraph 2.3".
> Any thoughts?

I am not so sure on this one. Is there any specific reason and/or need for
this support? I don't have a feeling this is used a lot in the OSGi world.
But I might be mistaken...

I personally see much more need for a EventAdmin and ConfigurationAdmin
implementation. Another interesting part might be Remote Services, and then
in combination with Java OSGi Remote Services. Ie, protocol implementation
and discovery.

But I am open for any other suggestion!

> If we go ahead with this we should also provide a mentor. I am willing to
> do this, but maybe somebody else is also willing to do this?

Not sure how GSOC works, but if needed I can help. I don't think 2 mentors
would be a problem (from the Celix point of view). Though my time will be
limited...

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis