celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: celix example under windows
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 17:00:41 GMT
Hi,

2013/2/5 Lionel BELLER <lionel.beller@sogeti.com>

> Yes, I did use CMake to generate the visual studio environment.
> I modified the working directory in CMake.

At this moment there is no need to change directories in CMake. The script
take care of all.

> My apology, I forgot to set the working directory for the debug.
> But I have still the error message "Failed to open revision file at:
> .cache/bundle1/version0.0/revision.location"
> which leads to the VS crash when calling the bundleContext_installBundle
> function.

I can't reproduce this... :S. Can you give me a stacktrace of the problem
if you get anything during debugging?

But to make things easier, I committed some changes today. These changes
take care of the VS project user files. But the files I generate are for
VS2012, and probably don't work for you.
But if you can give me an example of a .vcproj.user file, I can update the
script to generate those. VS takes care of migrating to the newer format.

With these files it is possible to set a startup project in VS and then
debug that project. For Celix the deploy_* projects are relevant. Eg to
test the hello world deployment, set deploy_hello_world as startup project
and then simply run/debug it. For me this works without having to change
anything in the generated VS files.

Anyhow, can you retry the entire build with a clean start without changing
paths in the CMake files? Disabling subdirectories (like the examples/gtk
parts) is no problem.

My structure looks like this:

- celix (this is trunk checked out, the source directory in the cmake gui)
- celix-build (in here all generated files are located, the binary
directory in the cmake gui)

This makes it easy to delete a build tree without having any files messing
up the sources/cmake files etc.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis