celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: framework use some unix's function, not apr
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 07:50:01 GMT
Hi,

Thanks to your replys.

> I use vs2010's project(solution and vcxproj), not use CMake. Because I
> don't familiar with it.

If you can send me the code patches that would be great. In this case I
don't mind if they break something. The VS files aren't needed.
I'll try to find some time to detail how to use CMake for Visual Studio. If
you already have all dependencies build (APR etc) using CMake is fairly
simple.

> Other question: I think the windows doesn't support RTLD_LOCAL(I'm right?),
> what is the impacts on celix.

Simple answer: I don't know.
Little more detail: On [1] something is mentioned about loading not being
global, though the text doesn't mention wether symbols get added to the
running process or not.. So this is something that needs testing.
As far as I can tell, if windows doesn't support local loading Celix
probably still works, but having multiple bundles providing the same
methods doesn't (for example multiple versions of the same service).

"Module handles are not global or inheritable. A call to *LoadLibrary* by
one process does not produce a handle that another process can use — for
example, in calling
*GetProcAddress*<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms683212(v=vs.85).aspx>.
The other process must make its own call to *LoadLibrary* for the module
before calling *GetProcAddress*."

[1]:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms684175(v=vs.85).aspx

--