celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Generated Manifest files
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 10:34:46 GMT
Hi all,

At this moment the MANIFEST file is a required file as part of building a
bundle. I've been looking into some way to generate this.
I'd like to add the following solution to the CMake scripts:

In the packaging macro a manifest.in template is used to replace markers
with the correct info:
 * Bundle-SymbolicName -> Defaults to the library/bundle name, can be
overridden
 * Bundle-Version -> Defaults to a generic BUNDLE_VERSION set in the top
level cmake file, can be overridden
 * library -> Is the library/bundle name, cannot be overridden

Fields can be overridden in the Bundle/Library its own CMake file.
Additional fields can also be specified in there. For example:

log_service/CMakeLists.txt:
SET(BUNDLE_SYMBOLICNAME "Log Service")
SET(BUNDLE_VERSION 0.0.1-incubation)
SET(BUNDLE_EXTRAHEADERS "Test: TEST" "Foo: bar")
bundle(log_service SOURCES .... )

This will create a bundle "log_service" with a library "log_service". The
following manifest will be created:

Bundle-SymbolicName: Log Service
Bundle-Version: 0.0.1-incubation
library: log_service
Test: TEST
Bla: bla

Using this solution makes it possible to delete the MANIFEST files, and as
a result, all information for building a bundle is in the CMake file. I
think this makes it easier to create bundles. For simple bundles the
defaults are enough and no specific headers are needed.

What do you all think?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis