celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Board report
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 19:19:38 GMT
Hi All,

It's time for the board report. Below is the report for October, please
comment on it!
We are a bit late with the report, so if you have any comments please add
as soon as possible.

--------------------
Celix

Celix is an implementation of the OSGi Specification in C.

Celix entered incubation on November 2, 2010.

Over the last months we have focused on creating a first release for Celix.
As is mentioned in the graduation plan [1] we hope that a release will
create
more community.
We have prepared the code base and website for release and we are very
close to making a release.

The previous report [2] mentioned that we are working on a "Native-OSGi",
which could attract more community.
This work continued in Juli, but has come to a halt in August/September.
Hopefully the progress will increase
after a release has been made.

* Most important issues to address before we can graduate:
Make a first release, growing the community and attracting more
committers.

* Any issues the Incubator PMC or ASF board not te be aware of:
None at this time

* How has the community developed since the last report:
There has been a small decrease on activity on the mailing list, hopefully
this is a temporary decrease due to the holidays. We did receive patches
from a contributor.

* How has the project developed since the last report:
We are still working towards a first release. The code base has been
prepared for release and the website got some attention
based on the shepherd's view from last report.

[1]:
http://incubator.apache.org/celix/community/boardreports/boardreports.html#2012-04
[2]:
http://incubator.apache.org/celix/community/boardreports/boardreports.html#2012-07