celix-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release celix-0.0.1-incubating
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 10:51:22 GMT
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Alexander Broekhuis
<a.broekhuis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for checking.
>
> Does it make sense to fix the mentioned issues? Or should we continue with
> the release?

I think you can continue. Just fix it in trunk directly.

> Regarding missing dependencies: The buildingandrunning.html page is
> outdated. I can look into this separately from the release. The BUILDING
> document points to http://incubator.apache.org/celix/subprojects.html and
> as far as I know, that one is up to date. From a release point of view,
> should the BUILDING contain the whole list of dependencies, or is the
> reference to the website enough?

For the future, i think it would be good to keep it in the BUILDING up
to date. That way, if you change the webside in the future one is
still able to figure out how to build the release :-). For now,
updating the webside is just fine.

> If the website is updated, that only leaves the wrong directory name
> (celix-0.0.1-incubating vs celix).
>
> I'd like to progress with the release, but if these things need to be
> fixed, I'll make some time for it.

Just make sure that you mention this issue for other reviewers and
maybe on the download page when the release is out (so that people can
read it and don't have to figure it out manually).

Nice Job.

regards,

Karl