celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Board Report
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 07:53:48 GMT
Hi all,

It's reporting time again. Below is the report for July, please comment on
it!
Since last month the incubator PMC is actively looking at the reports, so
if anyone thinks something is missing or should be added please say so.

One of the items which requires more attention is "graduation". Basically
the following points should be addresses:
* Most important issues to address before we can graduate
* Any issues the Incubator PMC or ASF board not te be aware of
* How has the community developed since the last report
* How has the project developed since the last report

--------------------
Celix

Celix is an implementation of the OSGi Specification in C.

Celix entered incubation on November 2, 2010.

Over the last months we have started working on "Native-OSGi" which is an
effort to make a specification for a C and C++ bases OSGi implementation.
As detailed in the graduation plan [1] in the previous report we hope to
attract more community members with this move.
Details for Native-OSGi can be found at [2].

Furthermore there has been a slight increase on the mailing list, hopefully
this is a trend that will continue in the coming months.

* Most important issues to address before we can graduate
Make a first release and grow a larger community. It is also needed to
attract some more committers, there are currently 2.

* Any issues the Incubator PMC or ASF board not te be aware of
None at this time

* How has the community developed since the last report
There has been an increase on the mailing list, furthermore with the start
of the Native-OSGi project we hope this will increase in the coming months.

* How has the project developed since the last report
>From a technical point of view, we are working towards a first release. The
build files have been updated to support a more modular project structure.
Since the implementation is moving forward (al be it slowly), the community
growth is the biggest concern for Celix.

[1]:
http://incubator.apache.org/celix/community/boardreports/boardreports.html#2012-04
[2]: https://github.com/abroekhuis/NativeOSGi

--