celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Native-OSGi] OSGi API: Allocated memory ownership
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 18:43:01 GMT
Hi,

> So bundles could use different pools for different API calls. Maybe that
> kind of flexibility is enough... If there is no bundle specific "mem_alloc"
> function, the framework could fall back to usual malloc/free calls. Does
> that make sense?

This still ties the user to a fixed lifetime for pools, still leaving the
possibility for unneeded memory growth. The user should be in absolute
control of the memory and when it has to be cleared. So for each call
(similar or not) it can decide how to handle the memory. Tying it to a
function still is a rather fixed solution.

I'm with Pepijn on this one, user the regular "malloc" and let the user
"free" it is the best for now I think.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis