celix-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Zelzer <s.zel...@dkfz-heidelberg.de>
Subject Re: Project structure
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 19:19:59 GMT
Hi,

nice work! I tested it on my Ubuntu 12.04 64bit machine and just found
one small glitch in the build system so far:

Starting with a clean build tree and enabling BUILD_EXAMPLES and
BUILD_SHELL leads to a linker error:

Linking C shared library libtracker_depman.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldependency_manager
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [examples/whiteboard/tracker_depman/libtracker_depman.so]
Error 1
make[1]: ***
[examples/whiteboard/tracker_depman/CMakeFiles/tracker_depman.dir/all]
Error 2

Switching on BUILD_DEPENDENCY_MANAGER obviously solves the issue.

Not build system related, but I cannot figure out how to run the
examples... the website "Building and Running" says that a configuration
file is created by the build system, but I cannot find it. And how could
I start the OSGi shell and install bundles from there?

Also, running "make test" segfaults when executing "array_list_test":

0x00007ffff79c892b in CU_destroy_existing_registry () from
/usr/lib/libcunit.so.1
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007ffff79c892b in CU_destroy_existing_registry () from
/usr/lib/libcunit.so.1
#1  0x00007ffff79c8fe0 in CU_cleanup_registry () from /usr/lib/libcunit.so.1
#2  0x00000000004025cb in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffe038)
     at /home/sascha/src/celix/utils/private/test/array_list_test.c:358

Is there a reason to not use CTest, which ships with CMake?

Again, good work with the build system - it is much more user friendly
now :-) I will keep playing with Celix (especially with the remote
services)!

Best,
Sascha