celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome new committer Pepijn Noltes
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:13:16 GMT
First of all, thank you all for accepting me as Celix committer. I’m
happy to be part of the community and will do my best to improve
Celix.

> Feel free to introduce yourself if you want!

As for the introduction: I’m Dutch, married and blessed with 2
daughters. In my free time I like to spent time with my family, read
scifi/fantasy books, play boardgames and I should do more with sports
;)

During my study I focused on real-time systems and Linux kernel
programming. Ironically during the first years of my carrier I worked
mostly with Java, XML, XForm, XQuery and associated techniques.
Currently I am working at Thales Netherlands for a research project
targeted at dynamically (re) configurable real-time distributed
systems. Within this project we use a combination of Java and C.

A colleague first introduced me to OSGi when I was working for ASML
around 2008, although interested it wasn’t till last year I started to
use OSGi on the work floor.  I still remember a playful but powerful
introduction to OSGi potential for embedded systems at the NLJUG
conference in 2009 called “De leukste Bug!” by Marcel Offerman :)

I’m convinced the OSGi has a lot the offer, especially for the
embedded world (back to its roots) and therefore think Celix has a lot
of potential. Lastly I am happy the device access donation is accepted
and IMO it is a nice addition for Celix and its potential users.

Greetings,
Pepijn